Search This Blog

Monday, May 26, 2014

Do You ♥ Ranch Dressing? Make Your Own!

I love ranch dressing.  I love it on salad, I love it to dip my French fries in (and the occasional veggie), I love it on baked potatoes - there's not much that wouldn't be better with some ranch dressing on it! 

And I love to make my own ranch dressing - I like how it tastes and I like that there are no acids or preservatives. 

Here is my recipe:

1 cup mayo
1 cup buttermilk
2/3 tsp. dried parsley flakes
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
dash of dill

Combine all and mix well (whisk).  Chill.  Makes 2 cups, or 16 two tbsp. servings.



Now that you have this delicious ranch dressing, you need a great way to store in in your fridge!

I used to keep in in a mixing bowl, with saran wrap over it and then spoon it out onto my salad, but then I had a brilliant idea - store it in a bottle!

I found a bottle at Walmart for $2, I think and I had just bought a pack of sticker letters - with no real purpose in mind.  So I added stickers and mod podged over them! 

As with any project, a Route 44 Sonic drink makes it more enjoyable!!



It was way easier than passing around a giant bowl and spooning out dressing, but it was still a bit messy.
 
If I were doing this project again, I think I'd get a squeeze bottle, more like the generic ketchup bottles.  And even with mod podge, some of my stickers peeled off after the dishwasher.  I've discovered they make Mod Podge ® Dishwasher Safe - has anyone used this and what were the results?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature

Signature

You Might Also Like...

Blog Archive