Search This Blog

Friday, October 31, 2014

Peanut Butter Ball Bats - Halloween Treat

Halloween treat, cute Halloween snack idea

This is a special Halloween edition of my blog!  My office is doing a Halloween Treat Competition and I am excited to share my entry with you ! 

I used this post from One Sweet Appetite as my inspiration, but instead of truffles, I made a favorite of mine - peanut butter balls. 

First step: make the wings. 
Print out a bat wing pattern and lay it under a sheet of waxed paper.  Then put your melted chocolate into a Ziploc bag and cut the corner.  Use your piping bag to trace the outline of the wings onto the waxed paper and then fill in.  I started out trying to make a fine outline, but then found that a thick outline produces sturdier wings.

My Dad insisted these were dinosaurs...
Then make your peanut butter balls - 1 stick of butter, 1 1/2 cups of creamy peanut butter, 1 tsp. vanilla and 4 cups of powdered sugar.  Mix together and form into balls.  Then refrigerate.
Halfway through the refrigeration, stick the bat wings into the sides.  I was so excited at this point - it was going to work!
Melt your chocolate - I like using a makeshift double boiler.
Get your pieces ready (using your cute bowls from World Market, if possible).

These are the eyes I used:


Baaaaats!!


Halloween bat treats

POST UPDATE:  You'll be happy to know these bats won the "Most Creative" category!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature

Signature

You Might Also Like...

Blog Archive