Search This Blog

Monday, December 5, 2016

Christmas Home Reveal


This year I wanted my Christmas decor theme centered around the Christmas hymn 
"Oh Holy Night"

 O holy night the stars are brightly shining
It is the night of our dear Savior's birth
Long lay the world in sin and error pining
Till He appeared and the soul felt its worth
A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices
For yonder breaks a new glorious morn
Fall on your knees
O hear the angels' voices
O night divine
O night when Christ was born
O night divine o night
O night divine

I started from scratch with my tree.  Tree and beads from Goodwill; stars from Gordmans and Dollar Tree mainly, with a few from Target.  Beads and ribbon and star picks from Michaels.  Tree skirt is one of my plaid scarves.



I found this giant evergreen frame at Goodwill in the fall and designed an engineering print to go in it.  My nativity is from Hobby Lobby.

I made the artwork on the mantle, which you can read about here.  I ordered the little trees from here.


The candles are this idea I saw on Pinterest. 


Mason jars from Goodwill, the plaid, branches and mini pine cones are all things I had.  I bought the fresh garland from a fundraiser a friend was doing and it MAKES the whole room.  I added pine branch picks from Hobby Lobby, lighted star garland and laser cut wooden stars from Michaels.



Hot chocolate bar!  I started collecting antique Santa mugs last year. I found the stand at Goodwill.  The box I also found at Goodwill and transformed, which you can read about here.



It's very bright and cozy and I love the time I get to spend here!
 

Next week's blog will be all about how I made this gingerbread house!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature

Signature

You Might Also Like...

Blog Archive