Search This Blog

Monday, December 17, 2018

Christmas Table


Last year was my first Christmas in my new house and I was super excited to host Christmas lunch for my family!

My overall Christmas theme was black and white and stars - so I carried that into the table setting.  I made my own place mats with black and white card stock and gold metallic paper stars and put each person's name on the place mat.  I kept the centerpiece simple - greenery, pine cones and a mason jar with a white candle.  I found star napkins at Target and I bought black disposable salad plates.





 When I'm hosting - I like to think about all the senses.  I wanted a Christmas scent, so I had these things simmering on the stove and I had Handel's Messiah playing.




To add whimsy (and because I've always thought these would be fun to try, since reading about them in the Harry Potter series) I bought some Christmas crackers at this adorable shop in town: Love of Character.  They each had a toy, a joke and a gold paper crown.





For the menu, I had salad, ham and potato casserole, rolls and my mom brought a chocolate creme pie dessert.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature

Signature

You Might Also Like...

Blog Archive