Search This Blog

Monday, June 24, 2013

Handmade Gift Tags

I wanted to try easy-sew gift tags.  I picked a typewriter font and printed a bunch of  to/from tags and cut them apart.

Then I picked some (somewhat) coordinating fabrics from my scrap pile and used pinking shears to cut them in small rectangles.  Then I ironed the rectangles.

I already had large blank tags from Hobby Lobby, so I used those.  Then I sewed my fabric rectangles onto the tags.  Then I sewed the to/from paper on top of the fabric.
 

 
 I tried the tag at an angle:
 

 I learned it doesn't look great if you sew past the fabric, it makes holes in the tag.
 
 I tried a zig zag stitch on the tag.

I thought about using twine, but I decided on metallic ribbon, for a more dressed up tag look! 


What an adorable, handmade touch to add to any gift!
 

 

 If you make any tags - post a pic - I'd love to see them!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature

Signature

You Might Also Like...

Blog Archive