Search This Blog

Monday, February 9, 2015

♥ Tote Bag

 
 

I had never used iron-on transfers before, but I bought a camera and a heart on the same day, just to try out!  I blogged about the camera here.  But today I will tell you how to make an adorable heart tote bag! 


This project was truly a fun, creative, spontaneous chance to create - I loved it!  I had planned to put the rhinestone heart directly onto a white tote bag, as I did with the camera iron-on.  Once I laid it out though, it was too small and didn't make enough impact.  So I went to my scrap fabric box and started playing!  I ended up adding several more layers of hearts for visual interest.  I didn't make any kind of pattern, I just freehand cut out the hearts about 1/2 an inch bigger in graduated sizes.  They aren't perfect and to me, that gives them charm.  I ironed the heart onto pink felt that I had - felt might not be the best base for an iron-on, but the paper came off eventually and it worked!









Then, after I had sewed around nearly all the outside heart, I wondered what it would look like to add stuffing to it and make it a raised, pillow-like heart on the tote bag. 



I love this tote for every day use.  I also thought it would be ADORABLE for kids to take valentines to school in.  And it would be an adorable Valentine's Day gift or even to use as a gift bag!


Happy Valentine's Day!!
xoxo Lyndi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature

Signature

You Might Also Like...

Blog Archive