Search This Blog

Monday, February 15, 2016

Animal Applique Burp Cloths


I've done a few burp cloths as gifts (see here) by adding fabric to cloth diapers to add personality so this time I wanted to try something different.  So as a gift to my nephew-on-the-way, I decided to add a fabric animal silhouette applique.  
 
 
For this project you'll need:
6-ply prefold cloth diapers  (mine are from Target)
fabric scraps
heat n bond lite (the purple one) 
iron
scissors
sewing machine/thread
animal patterns - This link is a great resource to find simple animal patterns.*
*I used these patterns to make this project, but I printed them at 40% and that seemed about the right scale.



Step 1:  Cut to size a piece of fabric and heat n bond and iron the textured side of the heat n bond to the wrong side of the fabric.


Step 2:  Cut out your animal pattern and then use that as a pattern to cut out the shape out of the fabric.



Step 3:  You may want to iron your cloth diaper.

Step 4:  Follow the instructions to iron the animals onto the burp cloths.

Step 5:  Sew around the edge of the animal, as close to the edge as possible.


I think they turned out great!!








All ready to welcome my new nephew into the world!!
DIY burp cloths, baby gift idea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature

Signature

You Might Also Like...

Blog Archive