Search This Blog

Monday, May 23, 2016

Super Sweet Mini Bunting

Hadley's Playhouse

My big project the last 6 months has been preparing to fix up a playhouse for my niece Hadley.  The time is finally here - I leave this week to go do the project (stay tuned for the #BigPlayhouseReveal in the next few weeks) so at the last minute I decided I wanted to make a mini bunting.  I'm not even sure where I'll put it, but bunting always makes a space happy!

I went to JoAnn's Fabric to look for fabric.  I didn't know exactly what I wanted.  I thought about a shades of pink look or a rainbow look, but I saw this fabric and fell in love with it. 





For this project you'll need:

Fabric in coordinating colors
double fold bias tape
paper/printer
piece of cardboard
pins
scissors
rotary cutter/mat
sewing machine


I used Microsoft Word to create a pattern.  My triangle was 5x5.  I printed it, cut it out and then made a pattern out of cardboard. 




I then used my rotary cutter to cut the triangles out of the fabric.  You'll need two triangles for each bunting flag.




Then I sewed the two long sides together.  The top will get sewed when you add the bias tape.  Then laid out the flags in the order I wanted.



And then pinned them inside the bias tape.



 Then I sewed on the bias tape, using a zig zag stitch.




 I love how it turned out - super sweet!!


how to make bunting, little girls room decor




No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature

Signature

You Might Also Like...

Blog Archive