Search This Blog

Monday, July 11, 2016

Last Weekend

Sometimes there is a lull in my creative projects.  This weekend I rested – I watched TV (the entire first season of Project Greenlight – I know, random choice), read (Defending Jacob – it’s so hard to put down!), saw a movie (Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates – love the cast), did a ton of laundry, went to the grocery store and cooked.  A few times I thought – I could be doing that project – but then I realized I didn’t feel like doing them  - sometimes that’s how creativity works – sometimes you need to recharge your batteries. 





Anyway, I thought I’d give you an idea of the projects I have germinating in my mind or sitting on my craft table – in “pre-production”. 

1.       Henry’s T-W-O pictures.  (Here are his O-N-E pictures, to give you an idea of what I’m talking about)




2.       Sewing a new shirt using a pattern, which I’ve never done.  I have the fabric and pattern – I just need to be mentally ready.  This is the fabric - and I love it!


3.       An ABC Photo Book for Henry. (similar to the one I created for Hadley here)



4.       Burp cloths for my nephew Kellan – my sister Jordan says she uses them constantly and could really use more – which always makes you feel good when your creative project is actually useful.


5.       A wreath for my friend Amanda, which I actually just finished – blog post to come! 

This weekend I was focused on cooking – which is weird for me.  Sometimes I get to this point after eating too much fast food – or too much unhealthy food – I want to cook healthy, fresh food.

Pretty often, this quote from Jen Hatmaker’s book “For the Love” comes back to me:  "Cooking is not an affliction, and we aren’t incapable women who can’t crack eggs. We should disregard those commercials and remember that feeding people real food has always been a good, noble task."

So I made three new recipes and they all turned out great and I was so proud of myself! 

Cucumber Onion Salad – which feels old school – like something I’ve only had at a church potluck.  My dad even said he remembers his mom used to keep a jar of this in the fridge. 






Glazed Pork Chops – kind of intimidating, but actually pretty easy and delicious.






So although I don't have an amazing new project to share with you today - this is what I've been up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature

Signature

You Might Also Like...

Blog Archive