Search This Blog

Monday, August 8, 2016

Upcycled Frame



I had bought this welcome sign at the Target Dollar Spot because I liked it's cheery colors.  My vague idea was to put it in a frame to elevate it from a bulletin board punch out sign to a cute piece of wall art.  But I discovered it was an odd size and I'd have to special order a frame.  So when out shopping at Goodwill, I found this frame that I thought my Welcome sign would fit in.  As you can see - it's definitely an outdated frame.  But it was unopened and wood and I knew it had potential!


I painted the frame with chalk paint.  Only 1 coat was needed.  I also painted the cardboard backing gray.  



Here are the other things that I think help elevate it - since it was a punch out piece of cardboard, there were perforations around the edge, so I got out a nail file and filed all the edges to make them smoother.  Also, I cut out squares of foam and used double sided mounting squares to attach the sign to the gray backing.  This gives it more dimension.  This project cost around $6 and I think it'll look great in my craft room!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature

Signature

You Might Also Like...

Blog Archive