Search This Blog

Monday, January 22, 2018

Pastel Rainbow Unicorn Pretzel Rods - Perfect Unicorn Party Favors


I saw a picture of these on Pinterest and I loved them so much!!  I had never worked with candy melt before but I gathered all the recommended supplies and it went very smoothly.  

Supply List:
Pretzel Rods
Bright White Candy Melts (I used two packages - 24 oz.)
Wilton Garden Candy Color Set (pink, green and violet used)
Wilton Gold Stars Edible Accents
Wilton Primary Candy Colors Set (orange, yellow and blue used)
Tall Dipping Containers
Disposable Candy Piping Bags
toothpicks
small mixing bowls
parchment paper






Using one of the disposable "tall" containers, I melted one package of plain white candy melts in the microwave, following the package instructions.


Then I put them in the fridge to harden.  I tried putting them on a cooling rack and directly on parchment paper and they turned out about the same.


I divided the other package of bright white candy melts equally into 6 small microwavable containers.  Then I melted them following package instructions, one at a time and then added drops of candy coloring with a toothpick.  I started with one drop, but almost all the colors, even though I wanted pastel colors, I used quite a few drops.  After I piped each color on, I sprinkled the gold star sprinkles on.


For the purple, I used the violet color and added 1 drop of blue to get the color I wanted.

Pink

Orange (peachy color)

Yellow

Green

It was pretty easy to use the disposable bags.  You just add the colored candy to the bags and cut the tops off.  Then you can throw them away after use.

Blue



I LOVED how pretty and rainbow and pastel and starry they turned out!! (So I took plenty of pictures! LOL)








No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature

Signature

You Might Also Like...

Blog Archive