Search This Blog

Monday, September 24, 2018

DIY Felt Letter Board



This is one of those projects that right after I finished it I thought, that was kind of a lot of work and doesn't look that great.  After taking a step back from it, I actually kind of love it.

It all started with these little letters that I found at an antique store.  I looked for "WELCOME" or "HELLO" but unique letters were hard to find, so I ended up with "HI".  (*The pic below also shows my other finds from that day! **Check back to read about Upcycled Owls)


Then at Goodwill I found the perfect frame, one with about an inch box behind it.  (And it definitely needed a face lift!)



I pried it apart and then started cutting up skewers with a utility knife to fit inside the frame.  I inserted two tight fitting skewers vertically, then used that as a "frame" to hot glue horizontal skewers at evenly spaced intervals.






Once the skewers were all in place, I cut a piece of white felt the width of the frame and about twice the height of the frame.


I inserted it between the frame box and the bottom skewer and hot glued the edge and then pressed it down in between the skewers.  I used a knife, but later thought a credit card would have worked well.


I pressed each line, using glue at each skewer.















No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature

Signature

You Might Also Like...

Blog Archive