Search This Blog

Monday, September 17, 2018

Quiet Book - Octopus


I found this graphic online and printed it and cut it out and then taped it to my felt and cut around it.



Since Henry knows ALL the facts about octopuses, I know he'd appreciate having real "suckers"!  I found these in the craft section at Walmart.

I hand sewed each of the suckers on.

I freehand cut seaweed from two different colors of green felt and then just sewed up the middle of each piece.  I love the illusion of movement that gives them.

When Henry plays with his toy octopuses, it's usually in conjunction with a pirate ship and the octopus wraps its tentacles around the pirate ship.  I planned to put this octopus page opposite a pirate ship page I'm working on and I really wanted to come up with a way the tentacles could stretch to attack the pirate ship.  I was in Walmart automotive and saw a retractable badge holder and wondered if I could make that work.




Once I had the badge holder sewed underneath the octopus body, I hand sewed around the octopus.  

I didn't sew around the legs, leaving some movement to them.


It's VERY fun to pull the tentacles - I can't want for Henry to see it!



This gives you a better view of the badge holder.

I used stick-on googly eyes.

I LOVE how it turned out!

Making a Quiet Book - here's what you need to get started:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature

Signature

You Might Also Like...

Blog Archive