Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Bedroom Design



Before and After

I've lived in my house for several years now and the one room I have put no effort into has been my bedroom.  For the last year, I noticed I was waking up with a sore back or neck and then I realized my mattress was 15 years old and that it was time for an upgrade.  I considered buying online, but without being able to test it out - I didn't want the hassle of it not working.  I put off going to the store, but eventually I did.  

I wanted a queen size bed.  I wanted a comfortable mattress. I wanted a big upholstered headboard.

I also knew I didn't have adequate storage in my bedroom and it often became a catch-all for when I wanted the living room clean.


I also knew I was drawn to neutral, serene color palette for bedrooms, full of textures.

I put together a design plan in Canva and it definitely helped guide me.

I had my tape measure out every night!

Before (messy and at it's worst!)


Inspiration

Design






 









After



Takeaways:  
1.  If you're not sure exactly what you want, start a Pinterest board and pin anything that looks or feels like you want your room to look/feel.  It may be a kitchen, but you like how the black and white contrast.  Once you've pinned long enough, you'll start to see a pattern, start to get a feel for what you want and start to pinpoint what's important to you.

2. Use Canva (it's free) to help you visualize your design.  While you're shopping on your phone, screenshot the items you're considering.  Then crop around them and upload them into your Canva image.  It really does help you make decisions.  

3. Follow my blog for the next post - Bedroom Design Tips!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature

Signature

You Might Also Like...

Blog Archive