(base target="_blank" /) Lyndi's Projects: Dresser Transformation (base target="_blank" /)

Search This Blog

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Dresser Transformation

DIY dresser, update an old dresser

I've wanted a dresser for awhile. I wanted one with an interesting shape. I found this on Craigslist.


My friend Gayle brought her truck and helped me pick it up (always a little scary) and I was ready to get started! I took out all the drawers and wiped everything down. I also took all the drawer handles off. There was a chunk missing out of the top, so I filled that in with wood filler, then sanded that down when it was dry.
 

One coat of tinted primer - I researched and chose to use this brand specifically, because the top of the dresser was a laminate and this type of primer will cover it well.

 


I did two coats of primer, using a small inexpensive roller on large areas and a little foam brush on the details. Then two coats of paint.
 

I chose "Black Magic" by Olympic in a satin finish from Lowe's - I love shopping at Lowe's - the workers are always so helpful! I used wrapping paper as drawer liners and added modern, chrome hardware. I also learned the tip that if the drawers squeak when you pull them out, you can rub a candle on the guide that the drawers slide on.

 




Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature

Signature

You Might Also Like...

Compassion