Search This Blog

Monday, July 22, 2013

DIY Giant Polaroid

We wanted to create a giant polaroid as a version of a photo booth for my sister Laura's wedding.
make your own giant polaroid frame, polaroid photo booth, wedding DIY polaroid



 For this Project you'll need:
2 pieces of foam core board
(actually 1 is sufficient, but I wanted a bit more space, for bigger groups)
measuring tool
pen
exacto knife
tape (if using two boards)
printed text/shapes
mod podge
foam brush
I just decided what dimensions looked right to me, but I ended up with the 3 sides at 4 1/4 inches and the bottom border at 9 1/2 inches.
I cut one board in half and used the unused half as a straightedge.  I measured and drew the line I wanted to cut.



Then I used an exacto knife and tried my best to cut straight.  It takes a lot of hand strength.


Then I taped the pieces together using packing tape.


I then cut out the words and heart I had printed and positioned them.


Then I used mod podge on the front and back of the paper to glue it down.


We didn't know if there was a way to hang it in the (gym) reception hall, so we brainstormed and came up with the idea of handles on the back.  I cut wide ribbon and hot glued it on.


It was a great success!  Here are some of the guests participating in the fun!
  



I love, LOVE that people got into it - it was so much fun!  If you were at the wedding and took your own photos - post them in the comment section below!!





12 comments:

  1. Hey! How long did this take you to make? Just curious! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was done in one evening, but probably took a couple of hours.

      Delete
    2. What was the size of the foam board that you bought and where did you get it from? Thanks! This was very helpful!

      Delete
    3. I got the foam board from Hobby Lobby but I'm not sure what the dimensions were.

      Delete
  2. nice... what were the final dimensions?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What was the size of the foam board that you bought and where did you get it from? Thanks! This was very helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much! What size font did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi ladies. So I did it in a foam size 32x40 and it worked fantastic. Also, I used the font call Plain Jane. I wish I could publish a pic of the one I made. By the way, I used a 10 inches space at the bottom and the letter size was 3inches each in cricut machine. I used transparent school glue to paste each letter. I didn't print it in a white sheet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI i have a brown carton and I want to make it white. Shall I paste the white paper using modge podge. Pour in your ideas pls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I understand right, my suggestion would be to spray paint your brown carton first, let dry and then use the white paper and mod podge. Good luck!

      Delete
  7. Hi, I'm a Graphic Designer.

    I can create posts(for social media), banners, flyers, Menu Cards and edit pictures to enhance them for you. With beautiful eye-catching posts.

    With affordable and cheap prices.

    I can do picture manipulation like changing filters, enhancement, sharpening, background erase and applying stunning filters to it, and much more.

    Can do proof reading and grammar check.

    I can also do some small-time video editing.

    Also, provide free revisions if you want to change something within a day ⏱️.

    Reply to me if you or someone else needs my services.

    ReplyDelete

Signature

Signature

You Might Also Like...

Blog Archive