Search This Blog

Monday, April 27, 2015

Gold Leaf Clipboard




My theme verse for this year is Romans 12:12: 

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

While searching for well-designed art with encouraging Bible verses for a project for a friend, I came across this on Pinterest:



Which is a lot better-looking than my current display:


So I printed it and decided to add it to the gallery wall in my office...that I'm planning in my mind.

For this project you'll need:
a clipboard
a gold leafing pen (mine was 18kt. gold by Krylon)
a print

I decided to use a clipboard (with the idea that I'll find a cute printable every year in the future and can change it out easily).  Of course, I wanted to dress it up, so I decided to gold leaf the clip.  I found using a gold leaf paint pen worked great.  Since the clipboard came shrink-wrapped, with the clip left out, it was perfect - no need to tape around it before painting. 



I love how it turned out!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature

Signature

You Might Also Like...

Blog Archive