Search This Blog

Monday, December 14, 2015

Colorful Vintage Christmas

These pictures are my inspiration.  

It's a Wonderful Life


Christmas in Connecticut



Here's what I took from the pics - common elements - colorful, old fashioned C9 lights, garland - tinsel or popcorn, colorful ornaments and tinsel.

Then the colorful, vintage idea expanded to include "Merry & Bright" so I created my mantle with Heidi Swapp marquee letters in bright, colorful, glittery paper, a chalkboard background and an oversize ampersand.

I found a mix of colorful ornaments at Target, Michaels, Hobby Lobby and an antique store.  I bought a bunch of tinsel.
And made a popcorn, cranberry, orange garland.

I love how it turned out - colorful, cheery, vintage - just like the old movies I love!

Merry and Bright





No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature

Signature

You Might Also Like...

Blog Archive