Search This Blog

Monday, January 11, 2016

January Mantle

**Update January 25, 2016 - this weekend at Goodwill I spotted this branch with really pretty blue flowers and decided to bring that home with me to complete my mantle!  I used a tin vase I already had.  

After Christmas, it was fun to come up with a fresh, clean look for my mantle.  I went back to my pre-holiday colors of navy/blue/black/ivory/gold.

The first thing I decided was to leave up my chalkboard background.  I found the big mirror at Goodwill last weekend.  I bought the print at Hobby Lobby last spring.  I had the wooden frame that needed updating and so I bought navy and black chalk paint and mixed them up.  I realized I liked the gold bead look, so I left that part unpainted.


I found the little stand clipboard at Michaels and added my own "hello January" print (I decided to learn calligraphy 1/1/16 and it's definitely still a work in progress).  The spools holding candles were found at an antique store and Goodwill.  The final piece to come together is the empty space on the left side.  My initial thought was to put a wire basket filled with greenery.  Second thought was a glass jug holding greenery.  A wreath stand  holding a boxwood wreath was an option. Then I saw a white orchid I wanted to get (even though I can't keep them alive). My mom offered a white cross, so I may go with that. 


The key to this look is to form a visual triangle.

Also to layer various sizes, shapes and colors of frames, to add visual interest.

It's sad to day goodbye to Christmas Mantle but it makes it easier when you see it as an opportunity to redecorate!


1 comment:

  1. This is a very useful post shared by you.Thanks for providing such a valuable information with us.

    ReplyDelete

Signature

Signature

You Might Also Like...

Blog Archive