Search This Blog

Monday, March 14, 2016

Shamrock Watercolor


Today I had the inspiration to make a shamrock watercolor to decorate for upcoming St. Patrick's Day - I think it's extra special this year because that's when my nephew is due to be born!  

First I cut a piece of watercolor paper to the size I wanted, that would fit on this clipboard on my mantle.

Then I found a pattern via clip art in Microsoft Word. 

Then I cut out the shamrock and used the rest of the page as a guide to paint inside of.

I taped down the pattern over the blank page.

Then I brushed water over the area I wanted to paint.


Then I began painting, using all the green colors in my palette.  
  

Then I let it dry for a few hours.

Then I took off the pattern and saw that the water had bled under the pattern some, but I still really liked the effect.

I hope it brings luck!


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature

Signature

You Might Also Like...

Blog Archive