Search This Blog

Monday, February 12, 2018

Family Photo Book for Toddlers


My nephew Kellan, who will be 2 years old in March, loves seeing pictures of his family, so I decided to make him a family photo book of his own for Christmas!

I visualized a brightly colored book - just like other kids books.  So I researched the idea of "green screen".  I use Corel Paint Shop Pro and I found a tutorial about using the "color changing tool" - instructions.  



Then I planned ahead and bought some green poster board at Dollar Tree.  When all my family was at my house for Thanksgiving Eve, I took a picture of each of them in front of the green poster board.  Then I wrote out my plan for the color layout of the book.


In the editing software I cropped to square (since I knew I wanted an 8x8 book) and changed the color of each picture.  
Kellan


Hadley


Henry



Lance


Me (Lyndi)


Josh


Gia



For the inside layout, I put each picture on a page by itself and on the opposite page, I put the name of each person.





The finished product was so fun and colorful and the perfect size for a toddler.  Kellan loved it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature

Signature

You Might Also Like...

Blog Archive