Search This Blog

Monday, November 12, 2018

Noah's Ark and Rainbow Quiet Book Pages



The Noah's Ark page was one of the easiest to make - I used Microsoft Word to make a simple pattern for myself.  (I set the page size to 9x9) and then created this pattern with shapes.

For This Project You'll Need:
blue or gray felt - sky
blue felt - water
dark brown felt - middle piece
black felt - for the inside
light brown felt for the boat/roof pieces/ramp pieces - I found this textured felt at JoAnn Fabric
scissors
sewing machine
animals - see below

Sewing steps:
FIRST - sew on the ocean piece (to the sky/background piece) - I sewed around the edge first and then sewed a few wavy lines in the middle and I love that it adds dimension and looks like waves

SECOND - Sew the dark brown middle piece
THIRD - sew the black piece (this will be what shows when the ramp is open)
FOURTH - add the boat and roof pieces - on the boat top, I sewed about an inch down and two inches on each side. to make a pocket where the animals could stand and left the middle open)
FIFTH - sew the ramp, just across the bottom (you cold add felt or a snap, but I just left it plain, felt sticks to each other fairly well)




I had planned to create little, intricate plush or finger puppet animals, but I was feeling the need to simplify where I could, so when I found these felt animal stickers at Michaels, I thought they were perfect.

I wanted to create a rainbow page opposite the Noah's Ark page, since it's part of the story - I decided to make it multi purpose - a zipper to practice and a pouch to store the animals.  I cut strips of felt to make the rainbow and sewed each to an 8x8 background, then sewed that to a 9x9 page background.





Planning to make your own Quiet Book - get started with a felt assortment:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature

Signature

You Might Also Like...

Blog Archive