Search This Blog

Monday, January 14, 2019

Directed Drawing Activity - Watercolor Snowman


I hosted a Christmas dinner for one of my Bible Study groups this year and I wanted to plan a creative activity for us to do in between dinner and opening presents.  A few years ago a friend told me that her family did one of these and had a lot of fun with it and I've wanted to try one ever since.  In reality, I found it online as a project for elementary students but I think it's a fun grownup activity as well!



For this Project You'll Need:
watercolor paper
watercolor paints
paint brushes
foam brush (optional)
black sharpie
cup of water
something to protect your table surface

Here are the instructions:

I read the instructions and we each drew our snowmen.

Then we traced our drawings with a black Sharpie.




Then we got to work painting with watercolors!  The main thing the instructions emphasize is to paint the background a bright color, which will make the snowman pop.  We used foam brushes to paint the background, which made it really easy.




And then the fun part is to compare them - we all received the exact same instructions, but they each look extremely different and each is adorable in it's own way!

I love mine snowman art!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature

Signature

You Might Also Like...

Blog Archive