Search This Blog

Monday, October 10, 2022

Painting Pumpkins for your Halloween Porch

I saw this picture this year and felt so inspired by it!  I really considered getting faux pumpkins and painting them and then figuring out how to create this installation.  There are approximately 31 pumpkins on that porch... even if I only did one vertical installation - it would have been at minimum 6 pumpkins.  And for reasons I can't fathom - faux pumpkins are EXPENSIVE - at Michaels a 13" Orange Craft Pumpkin by Ashland is $29.99 - same size at Walmart $14.98.  So I settled on buying a few real pumpkins and painting them.  I really had fun with it!  


1. I never knew these smaller sized pumpkins are called pumpkin pie pumpkins.  Adorable.

2. I kept our color palette limited to black, white, dark pink, light pink, orange and tan.  Like the inspiration picture.

 
 3. I found the paint dries pretty quickly and that two coats looks great.

4. I found the perfect disposable paint trays - at Dollar Tree!  They're Styrofoam rectangles and really perfect for painting projects with kids!

5. While at Dollar Tree - I also got plastic cups that are now designated as paint water cups.

6. And I believe you can get foam paint brushes there.  DT FTW!


They look SO cute on the porch!!
A special thanks to my mom Debbie and my niece Gia for painting pumpkins with me!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature

Signature

You Might Also Like...

Blog Archive