Search This Blog

Monday, February 28, 2011

F-U-N Lettering

I love this project because it's so versatile, dramatic, easy and inexpensive! I first saw the idea at:
http://www.hgtv.com/handmade/easy-to-create-letter-display/index.html

I thought it would be such a whimsical addition to the candy buffet that I am planning for my sister Jordan's wedding!

I first bought the words "candy buffet" in chipboard letters from Hobby Lobby and chose scrapbook paper for each letter. Then I traced the letter onto the back of the scrapbook paper.



Then, I glued the paper onto the letter with Mod Podge:





I didn't choose to mod podge over the letters, because I didn't want a glossy look, but it would be a good protectant. Also, the nail file wasn't really necessary for me, to remove any extra paper on the edges.



The last step is to ink the edges to give it a finished and aged look:






Lettering could be used ANYWHERE! Home decoration, in the classroom, birthday parties, wedding and baby showers - the list could go on and on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature

Signature

You Might Also Like...

Blog Archive