Search This Blog

Monday, March 30, 2015

Inspirational Wooden Sign


I've been wanting to try painting words onto a wooden sign.  I found this kitchen-themed wall décor at Goodwill and decided it was due for a makeover!  I used its dimensions and created the inspirational words I wanted to use. 
 
I bought yellow craft paint and two sizes of a white paint marker.   


Since I was upcycling a sign, my first step was to spray paint a primer+white paint so I'd be starting fresh.

Then I painted it yellow.


I'm not sure yet what I want to do with the sides, I'll probably just touch up the black paint.

 
Then I taped my sign into place. 


The next step (which didn't show up in pictures) was to trace over the outline of all the letters with a pen.  Then I could see the indentation and traced over that with my fine tip paint marker. 




Then I used the larger paint marker to fill in the letters.



You can see imperfections up close, but from a distance, I think it looks great!
I hope everyone has a blessed and happy Easter!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature

Signature

You Might Also Like...

Blog Archive