Search This Blog

Monday, September 28, 2015

Clipboard Art Display



A clipboard is such a perfect way to display a child's art because it makes it so easy to hang and easy to change.  It's also fun to customize a plain clipboard.  The first thing I did was tape the clip hardware, covering it completely with painter's tape.  To paint this clipboard I lightly sanded and then spray-painted it white.  (I didn't have a spray can of primer, so I just used white paint as a primer.)



Then I painted the clipboard with this paint and a foam brush.

My last step was to use my gold leaf pen to make the silver clip part look metallic gold.
*Tip - I've used this pen for a lot of different projects - I recommend having one around!

This pic shows the clipboard right after it was hung, on moving weekend.

In this pic, it's serving it's purpose by showcasing my niece's artwork!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature

Signature

You Might Also Like...

Blog Archive