Search This Blog

Monday, August 20, 2018

Quiet Book - Counting Page

Lyndi's Projects, #lyndiprojects

I made a felt quiet book for my niece Hadley a few years ago - it was so much work, but so fun to see it come together.  Click HERE to see her finished book.  Last time she visited, she brought her book with her and my 4 year old nephew saw it and looked through each page and said, "I love this book!" So it got me excited to make one for him!  A lot of the pages I'm planning for Henry's book will be new and different - unique to his interests, but the counting page is one that I did in Hadley's book and loved it and thought it would be great for Henry's as well.

For this project you'll need:
2 colors of felt
Felt number stickers - like these:

different buttons for each number
needle and thread
sewing machine
scissors
rotary cutter and mat (optional)

The most fun part is picking out fun buttons.  Obviously, when picking them out, remember the smaller numbers can be larger buttons and the larger numbers need to be smaller buttons, so they'll fit under the flaps.  Mine are from Hobby Lobby, Michaels and Walmart.

Real life pic - working on different pages!

After the planning phase, I cut my background felt into a 9x9 inch square, because that's the size I chose for my quiet book pages.  Then I used my rotary cutter and mat to cut the orange sparkly felt to a little under 3x3 inch squares.  Then I stuck the felt sticker numbers onto the squares.

Then I used my sewing machine to sew each square to the background felt, with a zigzag stitch.

Then, while watching Netflix (binge-watching New Girl) I sewed the buttons under the flaps.  Here is One Heart.


Two Monkeys

Three Stars

Four Cats

Five Soccer Balls



Six Owls

Seven Sea Turtles
These are actually beads I found in the jewelry making section of Michael's, so that's something to keep in mind - they had some really cute bead options.

Eight Flags

Nine will be Bees.
(Beads? Bees.) #ArrestedDevelopmentReference
I found these at Walmart and they had some really cute buttons there - some Disney and animals, so keep them in mind as well.





I love how it turned out - I think it's so fun to lift the flap and see what's there!

Stay tuned for more Quiet Book Pages - that's my main craft focus right now!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature

Signature

You Might Also Like...

Blog Archive