Search This Blog

Monday, October 19, 2015

Quiet Book Part 10 - Finished Book!


Yea!  It's done!  I think it's so fun and hopefully Hadley loves it too!

quiet book cover, quiet book construction, how to make a quiet book



Stacking all the pages together made me realize it would be kind of cumbersome for a toddler to carry, so I added a handle that Velcros shut.






I had never successfully used grommets in sewing before, so I was pretty excited that I figured it out!  You just buy this tool in the size that matches your grommets.  


Oh a note - I ended up sewing the pages together front to back so as to make a thicker page, since I was using grommets.  
Then you punch a hole in your fabric that is smaller than the grommet size - I used a cropodile for this - it's very strong and can punch through a lot of things (leather, thin wood, layers of fabric, plastic, etc.).
Then you poke the side with teeth up through the hole.
Then you fit the cap side over the teeth loosely.
Then you line everything up on the rubber base and then put the anvil piece on top of it all and then use your hammer to lightly hammer.
Then the teeth will fold over.

 Here is the stack of all the pages - it's actually quite tall - probably 10-11 inches!!


Pages 1-2

Pages 3-4

Pages 5-6

Pages 7-8


Pages 9-10

Pages 11-12

Pages 13-14

Pages 15-16

Page 18 
(page 17 was a quick addition - it was just eyes on the page with several mouth choices to velcro in and out)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature

Signature

You Might Also Like...

Blog Archive