Search This Blog

Monday, October 12, 2015

Quiet Book Part 9 - Race Track

Vroom Vroom!!
felt quiet book, felt activity book

Here are the misadventures that accompanied this project.  I didn't use a pattern, so I just started cutting road shapes out of black felt.  Once I got that laid out, I put down the dashed yellow line with the intention of sewing everything with my machine.  But the dashed lines were going askew and falling off, so I had the brilliant idea to put some mod podge on the dashes to hold them in place until they could be sewed on.  What I didn't realize was once mod podge dries on felt, it's extremely hard - hard enough to break my sewing machine needle.  Also my sewing machine broke right before I started working on this page, so the project was on hold for a while.  


I love how it turned out.  I think I found the cars in Target's dollar spot and that's what started the idea for this page in the first place.  When I was putting the book together, I found this layout needed to go exactly in the middle of the book, since the pages need to be the same height to be used.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature

Signature

You Might Also Like...

Blog Archive