Search This Blog

Monday, September 28, 2020

Quiet Book - Dinosaur Page


Kellan LOVES dinosaurs, so I was searching for a dinosaur page on Pinterest that inspired me and hadn't really found anything.  Then I found one for sale on Etsy with an incredible amount of detail.  To buy the page would have cost $128!  So I took elements I liked from that page and made my own page.  My idea for the learning and activity to go with this page is to learn that the type of dinosaur was an herbivore and make his long neck movable, so he could eat the plants and fruit surrounding him.  There's also a surprise lift a flap to show dinosaurs hatched from eggs.  I also tried to make the background Garden of Eden like.








To make the dinosaur's neck movable and bendable, I cut out two dinosaur shapes and sewed them together and sewed a large pipe cleaner into the neck.  Then, when attaching the dinosaur to the page, I just sewed around his body and left his neck and limbs free.  


If you're thinking about making a Quiet Book - an assortment of felt will help you get started!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature

Signature

You Might Also Like...

Blog Archive