Search This Blog

Monday, September 21, 2020

Quiet Book - Snowman Dress Up


Since I was giving this gift at Christmas, I wanted to include either a Santa or Snowman page and I settled on Snowman. I came up with a dress the snowman concept and made a bunch of hats, scarves and a few ties for the snowman to wear. Here was the planning phase:


I just copied and pasted hats I found online to use as templates for my hats.  I knew I wanted the hats to look super cute and realistic, so that meant a lot of detail work and hand-sewing.  I made a polka dot tie by adding French knots (first time doing them) and it turned out so cute!!!


Then I ordered really wide Velcro and made the entire snowman out of Velcro. Then I used stick on Velcro dots on the back of the hats and on the closet page.


For the background, I made snow on the ground and a few pine trees.  I made an adjoining page with shelves to store the hats.

For this Project you'll need: 
light blue felt sheet
white felt sheet
dark green felt sheet
brown felt sheet
colorful felt scraps (for the hats)
orange scrap (for the carrot nose)
wide Velcro
sticky back Velcro dots
needle and embroidery thread
sewing machine
Two small black buttons (for the eyes, optional)
snowflake brads (optional)
                                                 




If you're thinking of making a quiet book, an assortment of felt will help you get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature

Signature

You Might Also Like...

Blog Archive