Search This Blog

Monday, September 7, 2020

Quiet Book - Cover



I hadn't found a place yet to put a crane or dirt mover or trash truck - all vehicles Kellan enjoys - AND I knew I wanted Kellan's name on the cover - so I pictured a crane lifting one of the letters into his name and I loved the idea.  I made my template in Word, like usual (just piecing together the different elements I envisioned with shapes or graphics I found online):



Then I cut out the elements and tried to figure out the mechanics of the crane.  I had a larger brad and I ended up using that.  I also sewed pieces of felt together for the movable crane piece, to make it sturdier.  The stick on felt letters I had were a bit too big to fit on the page, while making the crane make sense, so I cut the letters down slightly - you have to be all about problem-solving!  One other thing to note on the cover is the center of the tires, I used a silver, textured leather, which I had scraps from another project.  Any chance you have to add depth or texture in a Quiet Book makes a big impact and definitely adds visual interest.

If you're thinking about making a Quiet Book - buying an assortment of felt is a great place to start!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature

Signature

You Might Also Like...

Blog Archive