Search This Blog

Monday, August 31, 2020

Quiet Book - Pepperoni Pizza Counting Page


Something else Kellan loves is pepperoni!  I saw this on Pinterest and loved the idea that he would count the number of pepperonis on each slice and then match that with the corresponding number.  I also tried a new technique for this page and it turned out great!  Iron-on numbers.

I used this picture of a pizza as my template, which was super helpful because trying to freehand, I really had trouble dividing a pizza into six slices!


I used brown felt for crust, red felt for sauce, antique ivory felt for cheese and red again for pepperonis.  I also made a "pan" out of gray felt.  I attached Velcro to the pan and to the back of each crust piece.That's where the pieces of pizza will be stored.  Then when Kellan is playing with the book, he can move the pieces to their corresponding number (but the pieces won't stick to it).






If you're thinking about making a Quiet Book, an assortment of felt is a great way to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature

Signature

You Might Also Like...

Blog Archive