Search This Blog

Monday, August 10, 2020

Quiet Book - Five Little Monkeys Finger Puppet Page


I saw this page on Pinterest and knew I had to make it!  When Kellan, the recipient of the book, was younger, he loved that song.  


I always just figure out my own patterns.  I found a picture of a bed and printed it and used that as a pattern.  My floor is a piece of corrugated felt.  The rug is a scrap of fabric from my stash.  


To make the monkeys, I think I found a monkey finger puppet pattern online.  I cut out two monkey shapes, for each monkey, then a face and tummy shape for each monkey.  Once everything was cut out, I hand sewed around the edges of the two monkey shapes (making sure to leave the bottom open).  Then I hand sewed smiles onto the face shape.  Then I hot glued the face shape and tummy shape onto the monkey shape.  Then I added tiny, sticky googly eyes to each monkey.



The windows are made out of stiffened felt. I cut large squares and then I used a utility knife to cut four small squares into them.  The stars are one of my most brilliant finds for this quiet book - scrap booking brads.  I found them at Michaels and they add so much charm and dimension!  Here is a similar product from Amazon:  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature

Signature

You Might Also Like...

Blog Archive