Search This Blog

Monday, August 3, 2020

Quiet Book - Counting Page


This is my third Quiet Book to make and this is the only page that I have put in all three.  It's a fun page, it's customizable to each kid (by which buttons you choose) and it's great for learning numbers and counting. 
 
For this Project you'll need:
two colors of felt sheets cut to 9x9 inches*
9 different types of buttons**
sticky felt numbers - I searched everywhere for these and only found them here at Joann Fabric
Needle and embroidery thread for hand sewing the buttons
sewing machine for sewing the flaps


*I've settled on 9x9 as a good size for all my quiet book pages, but if you're doing a different size, adjust the size of the felt 

**This seems obvious, but for lower numbers, you can have larger buttons and for higher numbers you need small buttons. I bought a lot of my buttons at Joann Fabric and a few from Etsy.

One dump truck



Two trains



Three cupcakes



Four paws


Five donuts (I think the flap closed right before I took my picture!)



Six pizza slices



Seven ducks



Eight reindeer



Nine cars



Step One - cut the felt sheet you're using for the flaps into nine equal squares
Step Two - Machine sew the flaps onto the page.  I like to use zigzag stitch for extra security
Step Three - put the felt number stickers on the flaps
Step Four - Hand sew the buttons under the corresponding flaps

This is actually a good page to start with because it comes together pretty quickly and it's very rewarding!  Maybe the most fun part about this page is to pick buttons!  

If you're making a quiet book, buying an assortment of felt is a good place to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature

Signature

You Might Also Like...

Blog Archive