Search This Blog

Monday, August 17, 2020

Quiet Book - Tic Tac Toe Page


I liked this as a page because Kellan has an older sister who could play this with him.  To make this page, I started at my computer and used Word to create a template for myself of a hashtag symbol (or pound sign or number sign if you're not a millennial) as well as the Xs and Os.  I think it helps to see how easy it is to design your own template.  This is what my screen looked like - I just used shapes to give me a starting point.  




Once I had the basics, I added a few things, for fun, practicality and aesthetic. 1. A place to keep score.  One team is yellow (the Os) and one is green (the Xs).  I inserted a transparent film page, cut to size into the score board.  I also added a dry erase marker and a felt eraser.  


One more cute, but practical thing I needed was a place to store the Xs and Os when not in use, so I make this little envelope and embellished it with a foam heart.





If you're thinking about making a Quiet Book, an assortment of felt is a great way to get started!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature

Signature

You Might Also Like...

Blog Archive