Search This Blog

Monday, February 1, 2016

Potato Pizza



Last weekend my project was to make potato pizza - don't freak out - it's delicious, trust me!!  It was a favorite of mine at a restaurant in my hometown, so I decided to try and replicate it.

I considered it a "project" rather than just "making dinner" because there are a lot of steps involved and I didn't have a recipe.

Stuff you'll need from the grocery store:

jiffy crust
Ranch dressing (a bottle or the kind you make)
sour cream
potatoes (3-4 medium size)
green pepper
red onion
bacon
shredded cheddar cheese (I bought a brick and then grated)
shredded mozzarella cheese (I bought a brick and then grated)

Step 1:  Bake the potatoes.  I washed, wrapped in foil and then baked at 350° for an hour and a half.  I felt like the bigger size potatoes were easier to slice.  After they come out of the oven, unwrap them and let them cool.

Step 2:  If you're making your own Ranch dressing, that is the next step.



Step 3:  Fry the bacon - you probably only need half a package and you want it crispy enough to crumble.


Step 5:  Make your crust, according to the package directions.



Step 6:  Dice your green pepper and onion.



Step 7:  Mix 1/2 cup Ranch and 1/2 cup sour cream - this is your sauce.  After you've pre-baked your pizza crust, add the sauce.

Step 8:  Slice your potatoes.  Then add them on top of the sauce.



Step 9:  Assemble the toppings.  In whatever order you choose, add the green peppers, onions, bacon and cheese.


Step 10:  Bake, according to crust package instructions.


Step 11:  Eat and enjoy!!! Don't forget to add extra Ranch dressing on top!

Step 12:  Post a comment below and tell me what you think of Potato Pizza!  (Probably something like this - you know, in your own words.)  ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature

Signature

You Might Also Like...

Blog Archive