Search This Blog

Monday, April 1, 2013

Toys to Treasure!

 
 
This is an EASY way to re-purpose an old toy to make an expensive-looking decorative object.
 
You need:
a plastic toy animal (choose based on the size and shape)
high gloss white spray paint
*You can make this project for under $10.00!
 
I found this horse at Paramount Antique Store West for $3.00.  You can find these kinds of inexpensive toys at antique stores, craft stores, discount stores or even your own toy collection.  Put newspaper under the toy and go outside and follow the directions on the spray paint.  I think it took me 3 coats to get full coverage.
 
I planned to give this to my sister Laura for Christmas, but the final product looked so good in my dining room - I had to keep it!  Sorry Laura! 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature

Signature

You Might Also Like...

Blog Archive