Search This Blog

Monday, June 1, 2015

Quiet Book Part 1

I've been on a break for the last few weeks...not planned, not because anything big was going on...I just didn't have any projects that I was excited about doing.  And I have to be excited about them.  Browsing Pinterest, I came across inspiration for a quiet book and got really excited about making one for my niece.  I found a lot of page ideas, but none came with complete instructions.  And that is the part of sewing that I like - figuring out how something is going to work - how to create a picture on Pinterest or an idea in my head. 

I think the reason there aren't good instructions about how to make each page - it's too complicated, intricate and time-consuming to document and explain every step.  So, like other bloggers, I'm not going to try - I'm just going to show you what I have done so far.

Gumball Machine

Barn with Farm Animal Finger Puppets

 
Mixing Bowl with Cupcake Ingredients/Oven Cupcakes
(Getting close, but still a work in progress)


 
Rainbow Fish
(Still in early stages - I want to add magnets to the fish, for the background make waves, with pockets where the fish will live, and add a fishing pole with a magnetized worm.)

 
It's been fun having a big project that I'm actually excited about working on, although I've been to Michael's so many times this weekend, the employees are like, "Oh, it's you."
 
And my home is craft-messy. #keepinitreal

 
I have more pages to make and then I have to figure out the world of crop-o-diles and eyelets and grommets, (oh my) and then put it all together.  I'll keep you posted!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature

Signature

You Might Also Like...

Blog Archive