Search This Blog

Monday, August 26, 2013

One Hour Baby Blanket

My friend Jennifer taught me how to make this blanket and when she made one, it looked so easy and it took exactly one hour.  It took me a bit longer, but under two hours.
 
For this Project you'll need:
1 yard of flannel
1 yard of fleece
coordinating thread
(sewing machine, scissors, pins)
 

My friend Gayle decided to decorate her nursery in a Noah's Ark theme - which I LOVE! 
So I searched for the perfect fabric and thought this was just adorable.
 

 
It cracked me up to place an order with 1-800-Dreidel, but that is where I found this cute fabric!
 

When Jennifer made her blanket, she just cut off the edge of the fleece that curls up and that was all the cutting needed.  For some reason I had to cut several edges.  I ended up with 1 3/4 inches of fleece past the flannel on all four sides.  (which is the goal)  Then I folded the fleece edges over and pinned.


For the corners, I cut a diagonal piece out of the fleece, so the fabric wasn't too thick.
 


This pin shows the line that I cut.
 


Then I used a tight zigzag stitch to sew the edges.



The fleece kept bunching.  I'm thinking that is why Jennifer used a ton of pins.  It is full of imperfections, but at least the fabric is soft and adorable!



My second attempt went better - more pins is definitely better.


 
This one was for sale in my Etsy shop, but is currently sold out - TheBurlapFlower.  All my blankets are sold with an adorable, free, matching gift tag, which are similar to the tags I made in this post!
 

This one is currently for sale though! Light Blue Flannel Blanket with White Bicycles

how to make a flannel and fleece baby blanket, one hour baby blanket

Have you ever made a baby blanket?  How long did it take you to make?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature

Signature

You Might Also Like...

Blog Archive