Search This Blog

Monday, September 30, 2013

I Bought Some Cute Shoes...So Then I Needed To Sew A Skirt To Match

Cute shoes mentioned in the title:

(From Target.  On sale for $5.  I know some of you are feeling my excitement!)

I knew JoAnn's had red fabric with white polka dots, because I had already bought some of it to make an apron (future post).  I pictured a full A-line skirt that was 100% comfortable.  This was my first attempt to make something that I would actually be wearing.  I did some research, but basically decided to wing it!  (No pattern.)
 
I measured around my waist and divided by two and used that as the length for the top of the skirt.  Then I used a yardstick to draw an angled line, beginning at the waist and ending at the length I decided on.  I folded the fabric in half and cut the front side and back side at the same time.

 
I added darts from the waist, down about 6 inches. 
 


I cut an opening for the zipper and sewed it into the skirt.   I hemmed the top and bottom edges and sewed the two side seams together. 
 



 
So fun to have a matching skirt to go with my new shoes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature

Signature

You Might Also Like...

Blog Archive