Search This Blog

Monday, August 1, 2016

A Celebration of Harry Potter

Yesterday the new Harry Potter book - Harry Potter and the Cursed Child was released.


I think JK Rowling is a fantastic author and I love the Harry Potter series.  The HP series is also tied to some of my best memories.  

Seeing the first film on Christmas Day, with my dad, in my hometown's historic theater.  A lot of magic combined to make a wonderful memory!  







Another summer, when one of the books was released, I woke up to find my dad had left the new book, a diet coke and a donut on the table.  I spent the entire summer day laying outside and reading.  That is a happy memory too.



So, I was pretty excited about the release of the script for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (which happened yesterday)!  I wanted to find a few fun ways to celebrate.  Here's what I came up with:

1. I dusted off my wand that I made here and practiced a few spells.


2. I made Butterbeer - the frozen version.  I searched Pinterest and decided to use this recipe.  It was pretty delicious and kind of tasted like eggnog.

3. My 3-tiered stand was empty after July 4th (it was decorated with fireworks!) so I decided to set up an HP vignette, using candy from the books.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature

Signature

You Might Also Like...

Blog Archive