Search This Blog

Monday, August 15, 2016

Yarn Wrapped Burgundy Fall Wreath with Handcrafted Burlap and Lace Flowers

burlap and lace flowers, DIY flowers

I bought some burgundy yarn at Goodwill a few weeks ago with a vague idea of making a fall wreath. This weekend, the idea fully formed in my brain and I decided to get an assortment of lace and burlap and see what I could come up with.  It was really fun to just play around with the materials and see what I could create!

Here are the materials I started out with:


Then as I was watching a Veep marathon, I wrapped the yarn around the wreath form.  Other times I've done this, I just wrapped layers of yarn around, but this time I made sure to do a single layer, which took more time, but I like how smooth it looks.  This shows my progress in motion!


Then, using various methods as detailed in some of my previous blogs (Shabby Chic Fabric Rosette Toddler HeadbandFelt Flower WreathEasy Toddler Dress) I made flowers out of burlap and lace (and cheesecloth and tulle that I had in my craft supplies).






I love how it turned out!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature

Signature

You Might Also Like...

Blog Archive